Steamed Beetroot & Goats Cheese Salad
Beetroot with their vibrant red colour pack an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory punch, which offers protection against chronic illnesses such as cancer and heart disease. Root vegetables like these are a great source of complex carbohydrates that provide you with a slow and steady supply of energy. Beetroot also provides dietary fibre and beta-carotene. This... salad is not only delicious, it is very easy to make!
Ingredients (organic if possible):
2 large beetroots, peeled & cut into large chunks
Handful whole almonds
1 tbsp seeds (sunflower or pepitas)
2 big handfuls rocket
80g goat’s cheese or feta, crumbled
Small handful basil leaves
¼ cup cold-pressed olive oil
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
2 tsp wholegrain mustard
1. Place beetroot in steamer and steam until tender. Allow beetroot to cool in large bowl.
2. Combine dressing ingredients in jar and mix well.
3. Pour dressing over beetroot and toss well, until all coated.
4. Dry-roast almonds and seeds in frying pan.
5. Arrange rocket on serving dish, top with beetroot and cheese.
6. To serve, top with toasted almonds, seeds and basil leaves.
7. Enjoy! X
Yours in health,
Maria Lucey, Nutritionist and Health coach
0438 112 050Add Description here