Broccoli, Lemon and Feta Fritters
I love the flavours of these fritters as the lemon lifts the saltiness of the feta and goes well with the broccoli. They can be great as a side dish, but sometimes I have these as a main with a salad. This is also a good way to sneak some green veggies into your family’s diet. I am always up for sneaking healthy food into dishes. You could always make these ahead and let sit in the fridge before frying.
375g broccoli, chopped and trimmed florets
120 g feta, crumbled
1 egg, beaten
2 clove garlic, chopped
2 tblspn coconut flour
rind and juice of 1 lemon
1/2 tspn pepper
2-3 tspn olive oil
1. Steam the broccoli florets for 12-15 minutes, until tender.
2. Drain the broccoli and allow to cool.
3. In a bowl, mix the lemon rind, lemon juice and garlic.
4. Add the broccoli to the bowl and mash it gently with a fork.
5. Add the egg and feta cheese and blend well.
6. Add the coconut flour to blind, mix well and season with the pepper
7. Take about a tablespoon ball of the mixture in your hands and make into patties. This should yield about 6-8 patties.
8. Heat the oil on a medium heat in a frying pan. Place the patties in the pan and fry on each side until golden. Remember not to let your oil get to smoke point if it does as your cooking them in batches just discard and start again.