Soup may be an unlikely breakfast you would choose, but this bone broth is actually the perfect thing to drink in the morning, especially on a cold morning like today's.
Ingredients (preferably organic):...
- 1 cup chicken bone broth
- tsp ground turmeric
- 1 pinch chili flakes
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 large egg
- salt and pepper to taste
- a squeeze of fresh lemon
- fresh coriander, to serve (optional)
1. Combine the bone broth, ground turmeric, chili flakes, and grated ginger in a small saucepan over medium heat.
2. While the mixture heats up, crack the egg in a small bowl, season with a pinch of salt, and beat with a fork.
3. When the broth is simmering, pour the egg through the holes of a slotted metal spoon directly over the broth, making egg ribbons.
4. Season to taste with salt and pepper, coriander and squeeze over some fresh lemon juice just before serving.
5. Enjoy! X